Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction (DDPI)
SEBI, through this circular, introduced DDPI, to prevent misuse of POA. DDPI (Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction) is an authorization by the clients to the broker to their Demat Accounts. DDPI limits debiting shares from your account for following reasons only:
1) Transfer of securities held in the beneficial owner accounts towards sale of shares
2) Pledging/re-pledging of securities in favour of trading member (TM) / clearing member (CM) for the purpose of meeting margin requirements of the clients in connection with the trades executed by the clients on the Stock Exchange
3) Mutual Fund transactions being executed on Stock Exchange order entry platforms
4) Tendering shares in open offers through Stock Exchange platforms and for Buy Backs
Why should I enable DDPI for my Account
1) If you are on Rocket Trading Platform and not yet submitted POA/DDPI
When you are trading on Rocket Platform, you will be required to enter OTP whenever you sell shares to authorize delivery of the shares through EDIS (Electronic Delivery Instruction Slip) . If you see this as hassle while placing the sell orders, you can enable DDPI and place the sell order seamlessly.
2) If you are on Rocket Plus Trading Platform and not yet submitted POA/DDPI
eDIS facility is not available on Rocket Plus Trading Platform. Hence if you are looking to do Equity Delivery Transactions through on Rocket Plus Trading Platform, it is essential for you to enable DDPI
How to enable DDPI
This can be done online, by enabling DDPI option in the Rekyc page or by sending physical form duly signed by all holders, to our address.
1) Steps to Enable DDPI online
> Login to rekyc page or just navigate to Profile Edit section from your Trading App and click on the menu option. You will get list of options as seen below. Select DDPI
> On clicking to DDPI option you will get a screen as seen below. Adjust your TP coins or ledger credit. If the ledger is in debit you may pay Rupees 100 + GST to enable it
The other option is to send physical DDPI
2)Steps to Enable DDPI Offline
> (Download here) the DDPI Form
> To be duly signed by all holders
> Send to the address below.
Client Registration Department - DDPI
TRADEPLUS, C/O Navia Markets Ltd
No 9, Ganga Griha, 4th Floor
Nungambakkam High Road
Chennai - 600034.
DDPI activation charges in Physical mode attracts a charge of Rupees 250+GST.
It generally takes us 3 to 4 working days for it to be enabled. However, in some cases, it could take longer as the DDPI needs to be franked, which is a process beyond our direct control.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article
Still need help?Create Ticket