When is the Trading Account said to be inactive/Dormant?
Trading Account is said to be inactive if there is no trading transaction (buy or a sell or both) in the account for a continuous 12 months' period. As per Exchange regulations such accounts are to be marked ‘Inactive’ or 'Suspended'
How to activate a Dormant Account?
Scenario 1: If the date on which account was deactivated is more than 12 months from the date on which reactivation request is received:
In order to activate your account, you need to re-submit your KYC . Here are simple steps to complete this process:
- Email your request to activate the account to email@example.com or call 044-49427576
- Our support executive will contact you to assist you in completing the re-documentation online
- If there is no change in address / Bank details, the documents you have already submitted to us at the time of account opening will be sufficient for us to complete the re-documentation.
- Support executive will then send you the link to e-Sign the KYC. Just keep your Aadhaar number handy. You will get a OTP from UIDAI to eSign the KYC
- Your account will be activated within 24 working hours of completing the eSign
If you are unable to do Aadhaar OTP based eSign, you need to physically sign the KYC with support documents and send the completed forms to the address below:
Tradeplus , C/O Navia Markets Ltd
No.9 Ganga Griha, Nungambakkam High Road
Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600034. Phone: 044 39189449
Scenario 2: If the date on which account was deactivated is less than 12 months from the date on which reactivation request is received:
Just an email from the client's registered email ID to firstname.lastname@example.org is enough to reactivate the account. The account will be activated within 2 days of receiving the request.