- No need to open a PIS Bank account. It saves heavily on PIS transaction charges
- Any NRO savings Bank account can be mapped to Trading and demat account and it is not necessary to open a fresh bank account.
- Intraday, BTST trades can be executed only in NRO account.
- Funding Facility can be availed
- Leverage benefits are available
- Collateral based trades are allowed
- Multiple NRO Bank accounts can be linked to the Trading account
- Trading in Derivatives (F&O) segment can be done.
- All stocks can be bought unlike NRE account where there are certain restrictions to buy few shares.
- Facilitates online fund transfer
How to fund my Trading Account for Investment?
It is simple for NRO accounts. Just log into our trading platform and transfer funds from your registered bank account using our Payment Gateway or via UPI
Will I get any leverage to trade in NRO account?
The following are the leverage benefits extended to NRO accounts in Group 1 stocks where VAR + other margins is less than 20%
- Intraday leverage of 5 times on stocks trading in F&O segment
- Intraday leverage of 2 times on non F&O stocks but eligible for Intraday trading
- Funding benefit. Buy up to 2 times of your available balance in a stock (listed under MTF) andhold them as long as you would like to. Click here to read more
To place intraday orders, choose, MIS or CO from Product type in Order screen
What is the difference between NRE and NRO accounts?
Here are the differences in operating a NRE and NRO account
Reporting of Transactions
All Equity transactions will be reported to Bank.
Transactions will not be reported to Bank
PIS needs to be funded. Fund transfers are directly done by the bank based on the contract notes generated
Funds can be transferred online by clients using Payment Gateway
Tax deduction at Source (TDS)
TDS will be deducted by Bank for which they charge
TDS will be deducted by Tradeplus at 0 cost
Equity Cash and Derivatives
Funds should be available in advance before placing orders
a) Can keep the account funded or
b) Can use stock collateral to buy stocks and pay later
No leverage will be provided
Leverage will be provided like resident accounts. Read More
Margin Trading Funding (MTF)
No funding can be availed
Funding is available. MTF can be enabled online instantly
Intra Day Trading
Strictly not allowed
Can trade Intra Day and do BTST (Buy Today Sell Tomorrow)
No limits to repatriate funds
Funds can be repatriated up to $1 million in a year by providing an Auditors certificate for which Tradeplus provides assistance
Can I repatriate funds, if so, how to do it?
Yes, you can repatriate funds from your NRO account. Its not difficult at all. We aim at providing end to end service to you, up to taking back money to the country of your residence.
You may repatriate up to one million dollar in a year by submitting relevant Auditor's Certificate. We can help you in obtaining these forms too through our Auditors, if you want to. The Auditor's certificate along with a Remittance form needs to be sent to your bank to repatriate the required funds.