Reports required for Income Tax Filing
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Access Back Office Reports
- What Statements are to be downloaded for IT purpose?
- How to generate Portfolio Report?
- How to generate Capital Gain Loss Report?
- How to generate F&O Profit and Loss Report?
- How to download Net Position Report?
- How to download Ledger Statement?
- How to download Demat Transaction Statement?
- How to view LIVE Trades / LIVE Positions?
It is important that we constantly evaluate our Trading to ensure that they are done in the right direction. For this, we need to have few reports handy any time. In this FAQ, we can understand the various reports that can be generated from Back-office, reports required to file Income Tax returns at the end of the year and much more. Let's understand them one by one
Access Back Office Reports
To access your backoffice reports you first need to navigate to Backoffice page. Click here to know how to do this. If you already know, proceed with the next steps.
- Once logged in to your Backoffice, you will find an arrow at the middle of the screen. Click on it.can find the Menu bars on the left, which is usually collapsed.
- This will expand and you will find various menus open at the left to generate various reports you need.
- The most commonly required reports are however listed at the top of your backoffice screen, which is collapsible with drop down arrow. This provides you easy access to frequently used reports.
This is how the Menu bars at the top looks like
Below are the closer view of each Menu bars with details of reports that can be generated under each Menu.
You can view the above reports for earlier years also. If you want to view these reports for the previous years-
Click on the year appearing at the top right corner of your backoffice dashboard as shown in the below image. You will get a pop up window where you can change the year for which you want to view the reports. In case of Contract Notes you can view online for the current financial year.
What Statements are to be downloaded for IT purpose?
To be successful in trading, we need to constantly evaluate our performance on a periodical basis. The main objective of it is to identify if we are moving on the right track, are we booking the required profits after all charges, is this the maximum return that we can receive, is the return that we get is justified enough for the risk that we take etc.,
These will not only help us to evaluate but also correct mistakes in future. To know this, there are some ready reports that can be downloaded online from the system. Here is the list of reports which you may download from our Back Office Dashboard and even refer while filing your annual income tax returns. You can navigate to Back office Dashboard from your Trading page / APP. Click here to know how to login to Back office
1) Equity Capital Gain Loss and Portfolio Statement – Note that this report does not consider Off Market transactions, Corporate action or transactions prior to 11 November, 2012. Watch Video to know more
2) F&O Profit and Loss Statement– This gives the F&O trade details.
3) Net Position – To view date-wise, instrument wise transaction details. This report provides complete details of all your transactions including Auction transactions
4) Ledger Statement with or without breakup – Ledger statement is a financial transaction with details of funds in, funds out, purchase obligation, sale obligation etc.,
5) DP Transaction Statement – This statement helps you track down all corporate action and off market transactions in your portfolio
Dividends will be directly credited to your bank account and hence, you are requested to refer to your bank statement to identify the dividend credits.
Last but not the least, these are computer generated statements and these are to be verified by Auditors before filing returns.
How to generate Portfolio Report?
How to generate F&O Profit and Loss Report?
To generate F&O profit and loss statement, simply follow the below given steps
1) Navigate to Backoffice from your Web trading platform
2) In the Back office window that opens, click on the down arrow seen at the middle of the Back Office page and select Portfolio Report Option
3) Select NSE F&O
4) Select From date and To date as 01.04.YYYY to 31.03.YYYY
5) Click on View to Generate Report
) At the bottom of the screen, you will either see 'Net Amount Payable to you' or 'Net Amount receivable from you'. Payable to you implies Profit and Receivable from you implies Loss
9) You will also be able to view the consolidated charges at the bottom of the screen.
10) This report can also be spooled in Excel or PDF format.
How to download Net Position Report?
How to download Ledger Statement?
How to download Demat Transaction Statement?
How to view LIVE Trades / LIVE Positions?
Positions can be viewed in the Trading page or App. In case, it is not visible there, for urgent requirements, there is an alternate way to check it. The navigation to view the positions, differs slightly, depending on the Trading Platform that you use. Here are the easy steps to navigate to positions.
To view from Rocket App follow the below given steps. For Video clipping check here
1) Select Accounts from the menus at the bottom of the screen
2) Tap on Statements and Reports
3) Select the Menu - the 3 lines, from the top left of the screen
4) Tap Live Trade to check trades.
To view from Rocket Web follow the below given steps. For Video clipping click here
1) Select Statements and Reports
2) This will open the Back-office window. Select down arrow that appears at the middle of the page
3) Select Positions
4) Choose 'Up to Date' and key in current date
5) Tick Include Live Data
6) View report
To view from Rocket Plus App
1) Select Menu - the 3 lines, from the top left
2) Tap on Back office. This will open the Back-Office Screen
3) Tap on the 3 lines that appears on the top left
4) Choose Live Trades to check the trades
To view from Rocket Plus Web
1)Select Man symbol from the top right
2) Click on Back office
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article
Still need help?Create Ticket