Here is an easy guide to get answers for commonly raised technical queries in using Infini Power. This document
1. Where can I get the application from?
2. What are the pre-requisites for installing the application
- A Core 2 Duo or higher PC or Laptop with minimum 4 GB RAM
- MS Windows 10 (Original OS)
- Internet Connectivity (2 Mbps or above DSL line)
- .Net 4.5 Framework must be installed
- Provide access to www.dartstech.com and Authentication Server IP
3. I get a message “Your version has been updated”. What is this and what should I do?
Whenever the application has been updated with a new feature or an issue is fixed, the application version is incremented. You are getting this message because a later version is available in the server. You must select “OK” and do a compulsory update to the new version. Otherwise you will not be able to login.
4. How will I know what new features have been added in the new version?
You can get to know this from Help What’s New Option
5. I do not know how to use the system. Is there any help or document available?
Yes. You can download the Quick Reference Guide from the Help Menu
6. Where can I get to know the version of my application?
You can know the version of your application from the Help About Option
7. Can I access using my user id and password in two PC simultaneously?
No it is not possible to use from two PC’s simultaneously. However the same user id and password can be used on separate PC’s at different times.
8. I registered my user id and password using my PC can I use them in any other PCs?
Sure, you can use them on any PC as long as the INFINIPOWER application is installed on that PC but not simultaneously.
9. How can I change my password?
Click Change Password under File menu. It leads you to change password window where you have to enter old password, enter New Password and Confirm New Password and click OK. The new password will then come into effect when you re-login the application.
10. I have internet via LAN/Corporate Network & when I try to access INFINIPOWER application, it gives "Could not connect to data server" or "Feed Data not coming" or "Indices Information not loaded. Please reconnect the application later". Why?
Its matter of permissions, the administrator may restrict the access. You need to contact your Network administrator.
11. Why sometimes I get message as “There was problem while authenticating your credentials” ?
The message comes when you do not have access to authentication server mentioned in ‘Connection settings’ in Login screen. If you are on Internet, then it should be as server domain name with port or if LAN, it should be server LAN IP with port. Please check the same or contact customer support.
12. If I get a message "Unavle to update the new version, please check your security settings" while giving Auto Update, what should I do
This can happen if you are using Vista or Windows 7
- Go to installed location (Ex: C:\Program Files\ INFINIPOWER PRODUCT NAME]. In this location you can see IM.exe file. Right click IM.exe file Go to “Property” Compatibility check “Run this program as Administrator” Click OK
- Go to installed location (Ex: C:\Program Files\). In this location you can see INFINIPOWER PRODUCT NAME Folder. Right click INFINIPOWER PRODUCT NAME Folder Go to “Property” Security Edit Add Advanced Find now select “Everyone” user / Which user you want OK OK Select selected user and give “Full Control” OK Run INFINIPOWER Application
If either of the above is not possible, please contact your system administrator
13. If I do not get any auto update message when there is an update in the application, then what I should do?
By following any one of the options given below, you will get the auto update
- If you are not using Administrator account, then admin has to install the application in Standard User’s Profile, i.e. User’s ‘Document and Settings\ INFINIPOWER PRODUCT NAME’ folder
- Administrator can login to the system and do the updates
- Administrator can provide write permission to the installed folder, i.e. C:\Program Files\ INFINIPOWER PRODUCT NAME
14. I find some symbol names do not appear. What should I do?
Go to File Menu, Click Download master and rerun the Application.
15. If Windows Installer 3.1 is not installed in your PC, then click on the Link below to install Windows Installer 3.1.
16. I am able to login but Application is blank and no data shown?
Kindly check if you have given access to domain name – www.dartstech.com since the application downloads most of the information from this server. If you still have problem contact your service provider.
17. What should be done if Intraday Chart data corrupted for some reasons?
Kindly Close all the charts opened in the Application and Go to File Menu->Clean up -> Intraday Chart Data option.
18. What should be done if Full Historical Chart Data for particular Scrip / Index not shown?
Kindly Click “Download Current Scrip History” Icon in the Chart Window, to get the Full Historical Data of the particular Scrip / Index according to the application selected
19. I am unable to see Split / Bonus adjusted data?
Kindly Click “Download Current Scrip History” Icon in the Chart Window, to get adjusted Historical Data of the particular Scrip.
20. What should be done if Link to XL Problem: # NA in XL and not updating
- Uninstall and Re-install application
- The application must be installed under administrator rights
- Application must be installed under administrator rights, with “Everyone” checked and not “Just me”.
If you still get the problem after doing the above, follow the below given steps
a. After installing the application ,a desktop icon will be created
b. Then right click the application desktop icon and select properties
c. In properties window , select compatibility tab then click Change settings for all users and a dialog box will appear
d. Under privilege level, enable Run this program as an administrator then click OK
4. Other solutions if the above does not work
a. For Excel 2002 and Excel 2003: Apply all patches
To examine or modify your security settings in Excel, on the Tools menu, click Macro, and select Security.
- When the security is set to High, the RTD server fails silently, and Excel displays #N/A in the worksheet cell.
- When the security is set to Medium, Excel displays a warning that the RTD server contains macros and asks the user whether to enable or disable them. If the macros are enabled, the RTD server runs correctly. If the macros are disabled, the RTD server fails and Excel displays #N/A in the worksheet cell.
- When the security is set to Low, the RTD server runs correctly without any security warnings.
In Excel 2007, RTD security is no longer tied to the macro security settings. Instead, RTD servers are governed by the Add-ins security settings. To examine or modify your add-in security settings, follow these steps:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
- Click Trust Center and then click Trust Center Settings.
- In the Trust Center dialog box, click Add-ins.
For Microsoft Office Excel 2007, you can review security settings by using the Trust Center. This can be accessed from the Trust Center tab in the Excel Options dialog box. Please uncheck Disable all Application Add-ins
Alternate solutions to Link to Excel Problem:
- Go to Microsoft Excel 2007, Right Click and select Properties option. In properties window, select Compatibility tab and select the Compatibility Mode (Check Box value as Windows XP (Service Pack3)) and Select Run as Administrator and select Apply and OK Button.
- For Copy to Excel, Kindly Uncheck the Compatibility Mode Check box and select Apply and OK Button.
- Before selecting Link to Excel Option in application, Open the excel sheet with the mentioned settings.2.
- After selecting Link to Excel options in application, go to already opened Excel sheet and paste it.
For creating a new Sheet (Excel 2010 or above)
- Run MS excel in administrator like shown below. XL sheet will open
- Click on the Link to XL Icon, select the columns and symbols
- Go to the already opened XL sheet from step1 and paste it
- Save it for later use
For loading an Existing saved sheet
- Run MS excel in administrator. XL sheet will open
- In File open the saved XL that was already linked
Note: In both cases, the application should be running
- If the application is being installed under administrator rights, then “Everyone” must be checked not “Just me”. This could otherwise lead to problems while Auto updating the application
- If required enable the proxy settings under Connection Settings of Login screen.
21. To Register the Chart in the Application
1. Copy the Application’s installation folder path.
2. Open the command prompt on Run as Administrator.
3. Paste the installation folder path in the command prompt.
E.g.: “C :\> cd C:\Users\User\Documents\Application Name” and enter.
4. Type “regsvr32 StockChartX.ocx”
Display as: C:\Users\User\Documents\Application Name> regsvr32 StockChartX.ocx and press enter.
Chart will register and it will display as succeeded.
5. Re-login the Application.
22. Current Intra Day Chart only showing in chart.
- Check the date and time format in the system.
- Change the time format to hh:mm tt
- Re login the application and check.
- If either of the above is not possible, please contact your administrator
23. Prescribed Format Report for Issues.
- Detailed Problem Description.
- Screen shot where possible (.jpg or .png).
- Trace file (Go to run command, type %appdata %-> DS-> Trace file with date.txt).
- OS version, CPU and Memory Performance.
- Using Latest Setup
24. Solution if Broadcast doesn’t show in Green in Infini Power Application
If Broadcast Ball is red, Values are zero and Time not shown - means
If telnet not Enabled, go to Control Panel -> Program and Features -> Turn Windows features on or Off and select Telnet Client check box
Kindly check telnet in command prompt (Run as Administrator) as below command
E.g.C :/> telnet<space>Authentication Server IP<space>22110 <Press Enter Key>
Sample Screen Shot:
In their Machine/Network (If LAN User) Enable 22110 TCP Port in Firewall of Outbound Rule in all connections.