How do I use my stocks in my demat account as MTF collateral stocks?
Modified on: Sat, 31 Oct, 2020 at 12:00 PM
As per the revised SEBI guidelines, you need to pledge the stocks that you would like to give as collateral for MTF.
- Identify the stocks from your holdings list which you would like to place under pledge
- Email the list to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to place them under pledge
- Alternatively select 'Transfer Collateral to MTF account' under Funds in ITS and key in details as directed in the process
- Based on your email or online request, we will initiate the pledging process. Requests received before 3pm on a given day will be accepted at the EOD
- Once the Pledge Initiation process is completed at our end, you will receive a SMS from NSDL as seen below, to your registered mobile number
- The same details will be sent to your registered Email id as well
- Click on the link which you receive in the SMS / Email
- This will take you to the NSDL Page where you will be prompted to key in your PAN number as shown below
- Key in your PAN number. On valid entry, a new page will open with the list of stocks and quantity on which you had requested to mark pledge as shown below
- Select the check boxes and Confirm
- You will then receive an OTP via SMS to your registered Mobile number as given below
- Enter the OTP on the NSDL page to approve the pledge.
- Once the pledge is approved, margins will be provided against the pledged stock from T+1.
- The fee for pledging will continue to remain the same. This is because there is a cost levied by the depository to create the pledge and re-pledge.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?