How to interpret the contract note?
The contract note you receive is the combined contract note i.e it includes the details of trades taken for NSE & BSE equity and NSE futures and options and Currency segments. Sample contract note is given below. Note that you can also download your contract note from our back office portal. Click here to see how to view and download your contract note.
- The Order No. column shows the exchange order number.
- Order time shows the timestamp of when the order was placed.
- Trade No. shows the trade no. on the exchange.
- Security/contract column shows on which stock/scrip the order was placed in
- Buy/sell mentions the transaction type.
- Quantity shows the quantity traded against each order number.
- The gross rate per unit will show the price at which the order got executed
- Brokerage displays the brokerage, if charged against the trade
- The net rate per unit column will be the gross rate minus the brokerage charged.
- Closing rate per unit is applicable to carried over derivative contracts - the price at which the contract closed for the day.
- Net total before levies shows the total amount due to you or from you after brokerage but before other levies.
Note: You can verify the trade details mentioned in the contract note directly with the exchange. To verify your trades on NSE click here. To verify your trades on BSE click here. To verify your trades on MCX click here.
The last section of the contract note details the following:
- Total payin / payout obligation. A -ve figure indicates payin obligation and +ve amount indicates payout obligation.
- Total Brokerage
- Applicable charges and taxes such as CGST, IGST, STT, Stamp duty, SEBI turnover fee, Exchange transaction tax.
Note - CGST and SGST of 9% each will be charged if your billing address is Tamil Nadu and IGST of 18% for other states.
The Net amount receivable or payable by you will be at the end of the table as shown above. Clearing member charges (for derivative trades in Equity, currency and commodity) would appear in the ledger and not shown in the contract note.
Contract Note Cum Tax Invoice
Original for Recipient
(Tax Invoice under Section 31 of GST Act)
|NAVIA MARKETS LIMITED|
GANGA GRIHA,4th & 5th FLOOR 9, NUNGAMBAKKAM HIGH ROAD NUNGAMBAKKAM ,CHENNAI - 600 034
|Telephone No. :|
Fax No. & Website : +91 44 28214168, www.tradeplusonline.com
SEBI Registration No. : NSE-CM - INZ000095034, NSE-F&O - INZ000095034, BSE-CM - INZ000095034, BSE-F&O - INZ000095034, NSE-CDS - INZ000095034
CIN : CMBPID :NSE-CM - IN551239 ,BSE-CM - IN663419 CMID :NSE-CM - BSE-CM -
|Compliance Officer : S KRISHNAMURTHY, NAVIA MARKETS LTD GANGA GRIHA, 4TH & 5TH FLOOR, 9, NUNGAMBAKKAM HIGH ROAD, ,CHENNAI - 600 034|
Email & Telephone No. : firstname.lastname@example.org,+91 44 39189449
Email Id for Investor Complaints :
|Dealing Office : " GANGA GRIHA" 4th & 5th FLOOR, NO.9, NUNGAMBAKKAM HIGH ROAD, NUNGAMBAKKAM ,CHENNAI -600034, Telephone No. : 044-49427576, Email : email@example.com|
I / We have this day done by your order and on your account the following transactions:
Security / Contract
Gross Rate / Trade
|NSE-CM [2018190N] |
|Del Buy Qty :100 Del Amount :-21876.86 |
|Del Buy Qty :30 Del Amount :-21615.60 |
Gross Obligation : NSE-CM [2018190N]
Pay In/ Pay Out
Daily margin details are furnished separately by email for digital contract or are attached for physical contract.
Alternatively, these details are furnished separately as Annexure to the Contract Note.
Details of trade-wise levies shall be provided on request.
@ Converted into INR based on RBI reference rate on the date of transaction.
Transactions mentioned in this contract note cum bill shall be governed and subject to the Rules, Bye-laws and Regulations and Circulars of the respective Exchanges on which trades have been executed and Securities and Exchange Board of India from time to time. The Exchanges provide Complaint Resolution, Arbitration and Appellate arbitration facilities at the Regional Arbitration Centres (RAC). The client may approach its nearest centre, details of which are available on respective Exchange’s website. Please visit www.nseindia.com for NSE,www.bseindia.com for BSE.
Consolidated Stamp Duty will be paid electronically under the relevant Stamp Act.
|Date : 08/10/18|
|Place : CHENNAI|
For NAVIA MARKETS LIMITED
1. DP charges and Call & Trade charges (orders placed through our dealing desk and intraday (MIS/BO/CO) positions squared off before market closing by our RMS team) will not be shown on the contract note. You need to check your ledger statement for the same.
2: If the amount in the row 'Net amount receivable by Client / (payable by Client)' is inside of brackets, it means that the money is due from you i.e will be deducted from your trading account. This could be a purchase made or a loss incurred.
3. Contract notes sent to clients over email needs to be password protected as required by the exchange regulations. The password for your contract note will be your PAN number. (Capital letters)